Best wireless headphones for TV
Are you hard of hearing? Are you fed up with having to turn the TV down to please the neighbors? Or want to watch something in bed but don’t want to wake your wife or kids? Then wireless headphones for TV are the best solution you have been looking for.
Nowadays, we can use headphones without a chord. We don’t need to sit 3 feet from the TV with an annoying chord continually getting in the way. Have complete freedom to move around the room while still being able to watch your favorite TV show.
Why are you not treating yourself to a whole new listening experience? Once you have wireless headphones for TV, you will never miss a single word of your favorite TV show again. Most wireless headphones have a signal of up to 100 meters and can receive an alert through walls.
So even if you need to leave the room, you are still guaranteed not to miss a single word. Most of the new models are on the market today, which surround sound and sound quality. It can match its counterpart’s quality.
Advantages of best wireless headphones for TV
Modern technology is moving forward rapidly. Wireless headsets are fast becoming the preferred choice for most households. When you want to connect your audio and video devices, it is essential for you. With a pair of wireless headphones for TV, a whole new listening experience is open to the listener.
Imagine when you are watching a football match, and the sound quality makes you feel you are there. You can make your living room into a football stadium or an outdoor rock concert with it when you watch a TV concert and feel like you’re actually in the crowd. You can feel full surround sound at your fingertips for a fraction of what it would cost for a complete Dolby digital surround sound system.
Our top picks
1. Sennheiser RS 135 On-Ear wireless headphones for TV
These sleek wireless headphones come equipped with a supra-aural wireless RF headphone system. With their recharge function and compact stand, these headphones are a real bargain. It has a well-balanced sound and excellent bass response. It is making this system ideal for watching TV or listening to music.
Features of Sennheiser RS 135 On-Ear wireless headphones
- Wireless Radio Frequency
- Optional wall mounting of transmitter possible
- Very lightweight headphones, extremely comfortable to wear
- Appealing, modern design
- Rechargeable batteries included (size: AAA)
- 2-year warranty
Specification of Sennheiser RS 135 On-Ear wireless headphones
|Wireless Connectivity||Radio Frequency (RF)|
|Maximum Frequency||19.5 kHz|
Read More: How to Connect Wireless Headset?
2. Sennheiser RS175 Wireless Headphone for TV
The Sennheiser RS175 wireless headphones are built with brilliant sound reproduction. This incredible system over-ear design gives the listener a brilliant sound experience.
The headphones are fully equipped with balance and auto level controls, giving the listener full control to reproduce an optimum audio level. Just like the RS195, the bass unit also doubles as an easy-charger and docking station. This system is at the higher end of the price range but offers a superb sound experience and excellent wireless coverage.
Features of Sennheiser RS175 Wireless Headphone
- Impressive audio transmission.
- Dynamic transducer systems.
- Multi-purpose transmitter.
- Multi-receiver transmission.
- Automatic volume level control.
- Balanced audio control.
- Ergonomic and adjustable headband for more comfort.
- No setup required – Plug and play.
- Two years warranty.
Technical specifications of Sennheiser RS175 Wireless Headphone
|Transducer principle (Headphones)||Open, dynamic|
|Sound pressure level (SPL)||110 dB (SPL)|
|Total harmonic distortion (THD)||<0.5 % a 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL|
|Frequency response||18 Hz – 21,000 Hz|
|Charging Time||Approx. 16 hours|
|Power supply||2 AAA Type Batteries, 12 V|
|Operating Time||Up to 24 hours|
|Weight||204 g (without batteries)|
|Frequencies||2.4 – 2.48 GHz|
|Range||Up to 100 m in the open area|
|Audio input||3.5 mm stereo|
|Power consumption||< 0.5 W|
|Power supply||5 V DC|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||85 dBA|
- HDR 180 headphone (receiver)
- TX 180 transmitter
- Multi-country charger
- Detachable audio cable
- RCA cable
- 3.5 / 6.35mm adapter
- 2 AAA Type rechargeable batteries
- Instruction manuals
NOTE: If you want to know how to choose the best wireless headsets please visit here.
3. Sennheiser RS195 wireless headphones for TV
The Sennheiser RS195 wireless headphones are your more classy wireless headphones. With its leatherette earpieces and leather cushions on the headband, they feel like you’re wearing pillows on your ears.
The system comes with two parts. There are headphones and a multi-purpose transmitter. That doubles as a charger cradle and docking station. It utilizes digital wireless audio transmission and ranges up to 80 meters. This system is also capable of connecting to 4 wireless headphones for TV at the same time.
Features of Sennheiser RS195 wireless headphones
- 2.4 GHz Frequency Band
- Low-Latency Transmission
- Sonic Presets & Noise Suppression
- Transmitter Base & Charging Station
- Analog & Digital Optical Inputs
- Automatic Level Control on Analog In
Specifications of Sennheiser RS 195 wireless headphones
|Earpiece Design||Over-Ear, Closed-Back|
|Weight||340g (with Batteries)|
|Frequency Response||17 Hz to 22 kHz|
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)||117 dB at 1 kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||
- Wireless Connectivity
|Wireless Range||up to 100m|
|Frequency||2.4 to 2.48 GHz|
|Runtime||Up to 18 Hours|
|Power Consumption||0.3 W (Transmitter, Standby)|
4. Sennheiser SET840 -TV RF Stereo wireless headphones for TV
The Sennheiser SET840 -TV RF Stereo headphone is one of the best wireless headphones for TV. It comes with a robust bass system. The earpiece design is a tight fit, locking the sound inside, giving the listener a unique surround sound experience. It comes with a portable transmitter, which utilizes Kleer’s uncompressed digital wireless audio transmission. This headphone system comes with an easy install plug and play.
- Wireless transmitter range up to 100 feet
- The receiver includes volume and balance controls.
- It is automatically turned on/off.
- Frequency response: 50-16,000 Hz
- We can use it for up to 9 hours of operation.
- The transmitter connects to a TV via a headphone jack or RCA stereo inputs.
- Includes AC adapters
- weight: 2.4 oz. for headphones/receiver and 8.8 oz. for the transmitter
- warranty: 2 years
Specifications of Sennheiser SET840 -TV RF Stereo wireless headphones
|Wireless Range||Up to 100 feet|
|Frequency Response||50-16,000 Hz|
|THD||<1% (1 kHz)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Operating Time||Up to 9 hours|
|Charging Time||Approximately 3 hours|
NOTE: If you want to know about the best budget wireless headphones please visit here.
5. PHILIPS Wireless Headphones for TV
At last, no hassle, no cables, and just total freedom. This wireless headphone is best for music lovers. I have played guitar for over ten years, and these are the headphones I use, day in and day out. The clarity and the feel of these headphones are second to none. I can sit in my front room, drink a couple of JD and cokes, and get lost in music wearing these headphones if you’re, more into your music and less into watching TV. Then this is the best for you. Anyway, enough about my drunken nights, here there are the specs for these headphones.
I really can’t say enough about these wireless headphones for TV. The Experience of a better bass performance thanks to the three-way adjustable ear shells that fit naturally around your ears is genuinely excellent. God bless Philips for this headphone.
Features of PHILIPS Wireless Headphones
- Lightweight design improves comfort for prolonged use
- 32mm speaker driver delivers high-performance sound
- FM Wireless transmission for freedom of movement
- Choose from 2 channels to minimize interference
- Reduces costs by using rechargeable batteries
- Effective Range: 30m.
- Speaker Diameter: 40m.
- Frequency range: 8-40,000Hz (when wired).
- Automatic Power option Battery low indication.
- Operating Time: up to 20 Hrs.
- Base station LED indicator feature.
- Optical Cable Included.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
6. Panasonic RB-M300B wireless headphones for TV
These wireless headphones for TV are very cool for the type of person who doesn’t like to be tied down. They come in black and have a wireless range of up to 100 meters, and the signal can penetrate through walls.
These headphones have recently been modified and now come with a rechargeable battery stand as standard, thus cutting out batteries’ cost. These headphones’ frequency is 18 Hz – 22 kHz, giving these wireless headphones a clear bass and crystal clear treble for TV.
- Color: Black.
- 863 – 865MHz RF wireless system, suits for A/V entertainment.
- Up to 100m transmission distance even though wall and floors.
- Cradle for transmitter and battery charger included.
- Soft ear pads for comfortable wearing.
- Frequency response 18 Hz-22 kHz.
|Weight without Battery||220g|
|Transmit distance||100 meter|
|Frequency Response||18-22 kHz|
|Power supply||DC12V 300mA AC Adaptor|
|Battery Type||Ni-MH Rechargeable battery|
|Lifetime (Full charge)||20hrs|
NOTE: If you want to know how to choose the wireless headphone stands please visit here.
Key features of best wireless headphones for TV
So why not treat yourself to a whole new listening experience? Once you’ve owned a set of wireless headphones for TV, you will never miss a single word of your favorite TV show again. Most wireless headphones have a signal of up to 100 meters and can receive an alert through walls. So even if you need to leave the room, you are still guaranteed not to miss a single word.
Most of the new models on the market today come equipped with surround sound and sound quality, which can match its counterpart’s quality (the chorded headphones).
Easy steps to make sure your headsets work
Here are some tips to ensure you successfully get your headsets working
- Plugin the charging cradle into the power, then put the batteries in the headset. Then let the unit charge overnight. The red light will turn on itself when the headset is in the charging cradle.
- Connect the charging dock’s sound output into your TV’s sound output.
- Turn on your TV; go to the setup menu of your TV. Find the Audio or sound section and find the settings to fix the analog and digital sound to fixed output. Save the settings on your TV. The green light is turn on when it connects.
- Put the headsets on the charger dock, turn on the headphone, and adjust the sound level. Then adjust the tuning dial on the headset.
How to connect these to a smart TV?
This Wireless Headphone system is hard-wired to RCA plugs. It includes the adapters to convert the RCA to a 3.5mm plug. It connects with an HDMI output. You’ll need to get an HDMI extractor. It would help if you connected the HDMI extractor to the HDMI output of the TV.
How long the battery’s life?
The batteries that came with the headset, it can run for at least 4 1/2 years. It depends on how you use it. It has three channel position slide switch, which determines the best channel.